<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

  Okay, here's what's making me happy today. It's that I am such a hard worker.
  For the past few weeks, I've been doing a pretty hard job at work. I've been paired up with a worthless piece of crap so I've been pretty much carrying the whole show. Then they took me off for a day. Worthless had to defend for himself. Then halfway through the second day of Worthless fending for himself, I got sent back to the old job. It wore me out trying to catch back up, trying to fix what he had messed up, and trying to simply keep up with the incoming work. It didn't get caught up, but I actually did half the work that needed to be done.
  Well, tonight we had help. There were five of us doing the job. Worthless was there. I was there. Three other guys were there. That's what makes me happy. I guess my manager realized that I had been busting my butt at work and then sent three other guys.
  So that means that your old pal Gunny was doing the work of four people. I guess that I can take pride in the fact that I make a pretty good worker. One that the different departments fight to get.
  Of course, the new guys didn't really get it either. Ultimately, I had to help them all. Except for Worthless. He's on his own.
  That's of course how I got the nickname of Gunny. When I started working at Wal-Mart, there were two other guys that I worked with that had the same first name. Noting the fact that I walk slightly faster than most people, one of them said that I always looked like I was "Gunning to go some where." Therefore the fact that I was a "Gunny little fellow" stuck until it became my name. It has nothing to do with the military. Except for the fact that the boss at that time was a former drill sergeant. He's also part of the reason that I work so hard. Nothing makes you feel so ashamed as an old man yelling at you, "I'm more than twice your age. Why am I moving faster than you?"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com My discount broker